Cristiano Ronaldo rape lawsuit moved to federal court, says Mayorga lawyer The girl accusing Cristiano Ronaldo of raping her has shifted the venue for her legal charges against the football superstar, dropping her case in Nevada state court but filing identical charges in federal court, according to her attorney. Several news media outlets reported early Wednesday that the charges filed by Kathryn Mayorga, who alleges that Ronaldo raped her in ’09 2009, have been “quietly dropped,” implying that the case was over. But Larissa Drohobyczer, who’s among Mayorga’s attorneys, told ESPN that the Football AFC Transfers change of venue was simply a response to the issue Football XLIF Transfers that the lawyers experienced in serving Ronaldo, who lives in Italy, with notice of the state lawsuit. “The charges were not dropped,” Drohobyczer told ESPN. “The state case was dismissed by us because we filed the identical claims in federal courtroom because of federal court’s guidelines on serving foreigners. We simply switched venues, but the claims remain.” A source said Ronaldo’s agency, Gestifute, was not aware that the state case was dropped. Mayorga says Ronaldo raped her during an encounter in a resort penthouse suite then paid her $375,000 to keep quiet about any of it. Last year, Mayorga filed a lawsuit stating the previous settlement was invalid and that Ronaldo violated its terms anyway. Ronaldo’s Las Vegas-based lawyer, Peter Christiansen, didn’t return Football EFLI Transfers a note seeking comment on Wednesday. Ronaldo offers previously denied the allegations against him. NEVADA police are also investigating potential criminal charges against Ronaldo, and that investigation continues to be open.